Over the years, we have acquired a collective wisdom that continues to grow with each new challenge. Never hesitant about getting up close and personal, our hands-on experience has taught us to be understanding, practical and innovative. In the process, we have developed our own language – our touch points – for expressing our unique thinking and approaches.
Here they are, from our team to you.
- Time is the EnemyIn business, the enemy is often thought to be a competitor, a regulator, a banker — when the real enemy is always time. With enough time you can access the people, the systems and the resources to solve even the most complex problem.
- Hands-OnPractical yet innovative, we take a hands-on approach to our work, addressing any problems we may encounter along the way. We assume the best of people and are quick to respond to their needs, always being respectful of their dignity and wishes. Working together to achieve our goals, we participate fully and lead by example.
- This is a people businessOur most valuable asset is our people: investing in the right people is the key to our success. We are in the business of serving people by building and maintaining relationships based on integrity and respect. Every decision, strategy and action we take is based on what is best for our clients and our team.
- Doing the right thing is never wrongWhen you believe you’re doing the right thing, it is the right thing – even if others do not agree with your decision. Standing up for what you believe is not always easy, but it can be rewarding: others will see you as a positive role model and a leader with integrity, no matter what the outcome.
- Be AccountableFor leaders, accountability starts with oneself. Only by being accountable ourselves do we earn the right to hold others accountable. We must establish clear expectations and gain commitment from others, while reassessing our expectations along the way and providing feedback and consequences if required.
- Bad news out fastNever try to hide or delay bad news. Let others know about the problem as soon as it happens, so it doesn’t look like you’re trying to hide something. Then deal with the issue immediately. The sooner you let others in the loop, the sooner you can enlist their help in trying to resolve the problem.
- Work smarter, not harderGood time management skills are essential to working smarter – and being more productive. We also collaborate, share resources and use technology to streamline routine tasks and eliminate unnecessary distractions, allowing us to pursue our goals with enthusiasm and renewed commitment.
- Benchmark, Measure, ShareWe believe in measuring our outcomes against our benchmarks and striving to meet – and even exceed – our aspirations. When we perform better than average, we openly share our strategies for success. If we perform below average, we analyze root causes so we can learn from our mistakes and improve, always keeping in mind that numbers tell only part of the story.
- Do more with lessWe make the most of what we have by sharing our resources and picking initiatives wisely. We learn from our experiences and aren’t afraid to try new ways of doing things.
- Only make promises you can keepA fulfilled promise builds trust; an unfulfilled promise breaks trust and may be difficult to repair. Before you make a promise, be realistic about what you can and cannot do. Don’t overextend yourself. It’s better to promise less, and deliver on it, than to cause frustration and disappointment by making promises you can’t keep.
- BPOPNo matter what the challenge, someone has dealt with a similar situation before. That’s why we skip the “Blank Piece of Paper” (BPOP) and reach out to others for their ideas before tackling the issue at hand. This approach turns challenges into opportunities to improve on what’s already been done – and to save time.
- Be TransparentTransparency is both expected and essential in creating a culture based on openness and trust. We promote open communication between our leaders and employees to keep everyone engaged and inspired to work together in meeting challenges and finding solutions. We support transparency in all of our relationships with clients and stakeholders by always being truthful and sharing information.
- Innovate (or die)Innovation is the cornerstone of progress. It’s about improving systems and processes that already exist by combining and adapting them to work in new contexts, for new purposes. We support innovation at all levels of our organization.
- We believe in peopleOur primary focus is people – our residents, families, colleagues. Respectful of each individual’s unique perspective, we encourage everyone to share their experiences and ideas knowing that our collective knowledge and creativity is what make us strong and effective. Our belief in the value of people guides us in our daily work and in making important decisions.
- Be all you can beThis is about challenging ourselves. It’s taking the initiative and looking for opportunities to improve. It’s also about taking care of ourselves so we can take care of others. It’s giving our best to everything we do.
- Build RelationshipsWe build lasting connections and a supportive culture by recognizing individual skills, talents, experience, wisdom and character. Strong relationships are the foundation of our success. Sharing our resources and knowledge and helping others succeed is mutually beneficial and rewarding.
- Make it SafeCreating and maintaining a physical environment of safety is our duty to provide. Creating an environment of safety for communication is the first step to open, honest, and healthy dialogue.